Inspiration

"If you would be a writer, first be a reader. Only through the assimilation of ideas, thoughts and philosophies can one begin to focus on his own ideas, thoughts and philosohies.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why not?

I decided I was going to write a novel yesterday. I started off with a dramatic introduction and then it all went downhill. I have no training in writing. I had practically written an entire chapter book on an A4 page.

Hopelessly, I gave up. But I still have the want to write and be successful - then why can't the thoughts that occur in my head that seem so intelligent and so smart just flow out of the finely tipped point f the pen creating a masterpiece of literature? because I have no experience. So, why don't we just do it for fun, not that need to impress people and become famous? Why not? Why do hundreds and thousands of people hide potential talent inside them in an office writing non fiction pieces for a newspaper?

Every day our mind explores new worlds, new possibilities, sometimes we try new things and see the consequences - and learn new things. Why can't we create a written record for others to look and share advice and enjoy the creativity expressed on a simple piece of paper?

Why not?

Why did it have to be so hard for me to withdraw all the brilliant ideas, quotes and plots - and put it into a novel. Because I need the persistence and the training. But in the meantime - we should all explore new worlds knowing you don't need to impress anyone, only explore your options.


No comments:

Post a Comment